University of California, San Diego
Physics 11 - Survey of Physics
||Physics 11 - Assignment #8
22 November 2005
There will not be a discussion section meeting on Wednesday Nov. 23.
Hw 8 & 9 will be discussed in section on Weds Nov. 30.
- Evil Knieval starts with zero velocity at the top of a ramp 100m
above the rim of the Grand Canyon. He coasts his motor cycle down the
ramp and is hurled horizontally over the canyon.
- What is Evil's velocity at the end of the ramp.
- How far from the base of the Canyon wall does he hit the Colorado
River 1 mile (1610m) below?
- What is his velocity when he hits the Colorado River.
- Ch 6 #5, 15, 20, 21, 30, 32, 40, 47, 49.
- Ch 8 #46, 48
Homework #8 Solutions
Physics 11 Lectures
Physics 11 Home
modified: Wed., 12 Nov. 2003